4 Days/3 Nights – 4WD GUIDED TOUR (In conjunction with Australian Photography Tours)
King Island guards the western entrance of Bass Strait. Half way between Mainland Australia and Tasmania. No passport but you will be in another world. With a reputation of gourmet products, beef, cheese, crayfish, abalone and the list goes on…but Australia’s best-kept secret is a photographer’s haven. Its geographic location has placed it as the Noah’s Ark of bird salvation. Fauna and Flora flourish in its temperate climate, a royal photographic experience.
View some of our images taken on tour.
SAY GOODBYE TO THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF THE DAILY GRIND.
1. Depart Sydney 8am. Arrive Melbourne 9.35am with Virgin Australia.
2. Depart Melbourne 11.05am. Arrive King Island 12midday with REX Airlines.
3. Upon arrival at the “King of Islands” you will be met by your friendly local tour guide, you’ll know the one; arms wide open and a smile on his face?
4. Your Photography Safari begins. You won’t have to wait long for lunch.
5. Currie Harbour: Fresh local produce for lunch, of course, and a real opportunity with Ken to help guide you with your shots. This Harbour offers a chance to be enchanted by the views.
6. The Safari really starts to unfold from here; you experience a real snapshot of island life as we follow the kelp track and learn about the fascinating seaweed industry and its journey to Norway.
7. Onwards to the British Admiral Beach to capture the red lichen on the rock formations with a dramatic seascape vista.
8. Next stop is the King Island dairy. Taste the super yummy cheeses that our Islands master cheese maker puts his heart and soul into producing.
9. One more photo opportunity location before Dinner is a two course King Island Experience. You can view what our guests say about our touring and food on Tripadvisor.
10. Retiring to your accommodation at King Island Wilderness Retreat where the beds are comfortable and will have you snoozing in no time.
THE SOUTH BECKONS.
1. A real photographer’s journey; off road discovery of the bays and coves. These areas are definitely not seen by most visitors to King Island. A real shore bird experience with unbelievable scenery.
2. We climb the ancient dunes leaving the east coast and tracking to the west coast where you find the 7000 year old Calcified Forest. Just imagine being 7000 years old. Quite awe inspiring isn’t it? You will need more than one memory card on this Safari as you will use quite a lot of space here. The Forest will dazzle you with nature’s sculptures.
3. Seal Rocks is the next stop and here you will learn the sad history of Australia’s worst maritime disaster where 400 poor souls were lost; washed upon the shore. Daylight brought to the survivors the horror of the event.
4. Further south to the edge of the world, huge waves and drama in the landscape. Oh, the tales to be told, about the Sealers Wall.
5. The 5th generation farming property of the Bowling’s plays host to our safari guests. The rawness of the history will unfold in your images to remind you of not only the fabric that has weaved our great nation that will also be a part of you through your images.
6. Dinner and Penguins. Another scrumptious meal and opportunity to grab some amazing shots. Parks and Wildlife approved event.
Farewell, Adieu, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye.
1. Breakfast and another photo opportunity on this lovely island.
2. Morning tea in the tranquil village of Naracoopa and then travel the country road that will take us to the airport for our lunchtime departure to Melbourne and onto Sydney.
- Return airfares from interstate via Melbourne to King Island
- 4 days touring 4WD all terrain, air-conditioned, vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in a Standard Room
- 3 x 2 course dinners – King Island Produce
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Morning Teas
- 2 Continental Breakfasts
- ONE Breakfast cooked on location.
$ 2758.00 Ex Brisbane Return
$ 2530.00 Ex Sydney Return
$ 2130.00 Ex Melbourne Return
$ 2490.00 Ex Adelaide Return
$ 2798.00 Ex Perth Return
$ 2888.00 Ex Darwin Return
$ 2998.00 Ex Alice Springs Return
$ 4006.00 Ex Broome Return
$ 2798.00 Ex Perth Return
$ 2230.00 Ex Launceston Return
“Subject to availability and conditions apply.”
To Book this Tour, Email The King Island Holiday Village